The TransFormation Alliance will succeed by working collaboratively with other trusted partners to advance equitable transit-oriented communities (eTOC) as a driver of economic prosperity in metro Atlanta, turning those ideals into action to create thriving, inclusive communities that are integrated into transit.
- Launched “En Route”, an arts based community engagement project resulting in large scale murals at four MARTA stations
- Developed the “Equity Evaluator” tool for measuring the value a development brings to a community, which has been included in MARTA’s RFP process
- Spurred the creation of DCA’s new revolving loan fund for regional affordable housing developments and additional points in the QAP for TOC
- Influenced MARTA’s Referendum project list with analysis of infrastructure needs around stations and community engagement
- Catalyzed the City’s re-commitment to Inclusionary Housing policies
- Alliance has grown to 17 Core member organizations to leverage resources and make larger impacts
- Housing and Development: Provide mixed Income housing communities with a portion of housing stock having permanent affordability.
- Jobs and Economic Development: Increase access to quality jobs, upward mobility and daily services.
- Community Engagement and Education: Educate and empower residents that can coordinate collective representation and input around development opportunities.
- Creative Placemaking: Art, culture, and creative expression are playing a pivotal role in community development by working to catalyze community transformation and stabilize disruption.
- Transit: Increase financial resources committed to transit.